Mosiah 24:15
"...the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."
It got me thinking....Should we pray to be strengthen instead of released from our burdens? Should we pray for both?
In this scripture, Alma and his people have some heavy-duty burdens they are experiencing. And when you continue to read you see that Heavenly Father knew they needed these burdens for their future escape. I'm impressed with their cheerfulness and patience duo that they displayed. Oh wow. They didn't know what their future held. They didn't know if these burdens were ever going to end. Sometimes I think life is soooo hard and then I take a step back and put it in perspective. Our Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and we need to have faith in His' Will for us.
3 comments:
Amen, Marci! I love this passage as well.
i needed to read this...
Those words really spoke to me!! Thank you for humbling me! You're great Marci and your strength impresses me all the time!
Post a Comment