2.21.2010

Will It Blend?

Have you ever heard of "Will it Blend?" Well, they try to blend random, crazy stuff -- you should watch some of the video clips. (www.willitblend.com) And I (accidentally) just tried my own demo....

I wanted to make a lil' orange julius for myself. I wondered where the clear cap for the blender cover was...I thought it must have been in the pile of dirty dishes -- so I blended up my orange julius without the cap--i just put my hand there so the lil' orange chunks wouldn't fly out. It sounded a bit chunky ("I must have put too much ice in," I thought). When I poured into my glass and took a big swig it tasted horrible! "The ice must be bad," I thought. It took me a couple minutes and then I realized -- I blended up my clear blender cap in the mix. :( Now I have clean the blender, remake a new batch, and order a new blender cap. UGH.

8 comments:

Jeni said...

Tasty! That is frustrating!

Sara said...

hmmmmmm i have never thought of that concoction. i had orange julius today too!! but it didn't contain plastic :)

Heidi said...

Oh my, you drank bits of plastic??? Gross. What a bummer. I want a real orange julius now though.

Sally said...

Hilarious! Sorry about your cap...

Rachel D. said...

At least you know your blender is strong enough to blend up hard plastic!

Jodi Elwell said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! thanks for the laugh!

melanie said...

Well at least you saved your kitchen from orange chunks. Love the Internet for replacing parts. Oh and now I want one even though it's 11:15!

Ashley said...

That was really funny, Marci! Thanks for sharing. :)